Operations and Finance Officer
Urban Rural Action's Mission
Urban Rural Action is a national grassroots movement that brings together Americans across divides to tackle our country's most urgent challenges.
UR Action seeks to hire an Operations and Finance Officer to help transition team members who lead the organization’s multi-month programs from contractors to employees. This will impact a handful of team members in 2022 and perhaps more in 2023 as the organization continues to grow. The Operations and Finance Manager will need to set up an online payroll processing system, onboard new employees by communicating the terms of their employment, and make payroll.
- Set up online payroll processing system with automated payment using Quickbooks or similar software
- Pay employees by calculating pay, benefits, deductions, etc and executing direct deposit
- Set up and oversee online accounting
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Work with third-party accounting firm to handle W-2, 1099, and any other necessary filings
- Carry out financial reporting for federal government grants
- Onboard new employees by communicating the terms of their employment and collecting needed information from them
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data into the payroll system, as well as retrieving data when necessary
- Develop payroll operations by documenting policies and procedures
- Pay all necessary unemployment tax at federal and state levels
You will be joining a remote team, and will report to the Executive Director.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience handling the payroll, operations, and finance responsiblities outlined above
- Experience with financial reporting for federal government grants
- Excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to the mission and vision of UR Action
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs
- Language: Fluent English speaker. Other language skills are a plus.
Hours: This is a contract position at 15% level of effort = 6 hours / week
Start date: ASAP and no later than October 1, 2022
To Apply: To apply, please email email@example.com with an expression of interest. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and decisions will be made as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified.