Sr. Director, Campaigns
Unite America seeks a full-time Sr. Director of Campaigns to join our Campaigns and External Affairs team. The individual in this role reports to the Senior Director, Campaigns & External Affairs and will oversee the due diligence, investment recommendations, and advising on execution of legislative campaigns along with some ballot campaigns across Unite America’s priority issue areas. This position offers the chance to engage in a sophisticated strategy to support candidates, legislation, ballot initiatives, and partners who believe in putting voters first.
The ideal candidate is both visionary and entrepreneurial to lead Unite America’s development and oversight of multiple state campaigns. Within a growing organization, this role requires hands-on project management and execution (“no task too small”) alongside longer-term strategic development of our campaign work. To be successful in this role, a candidate should have a strong understanding of the legislative and ballot initiative process and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced political environment. In addition, you are a diligent, dynamic self-starter who can proactively identify and address challenges and opportunities, and you are excited about contributing to team culture & leadership.
Unite America believes that there is strength in diversity and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and from across the political and ideological spectrum to apply.
The position will ideally be based at Unite America’s headquarters in Denver, CO, although exceptional remote candidates will be considered; Unite America offers a stipend for new hires willing to relocate. Remote employees may be expected to travel 2-4 times per quarter for investor engagements, team meetings, and retreats.
Management and Campaign Oversight
- Develop and oversee strategy and tactics for investments in advocacy campaigns in coordination with the Campaigns & External Affairs team.
- Ensure effective resource allocation for campaign success.
- Analyze campaign data to inform decision-making and future planning.
- Oversee project management of advocacy campaigns, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Schedule, set agendas, and facilitate communications between stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, track deadlines, and provide clear, proactive communication.
- Identify and mitigate project risks, implementing effective solutions to keep initiatives on track.
- Streamline project management processes, optimizing workflows for increased efficiency.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture with campaign partners.
- Lead priority-setting discussions and contribute to campaign strategy development.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for campaign partners.
- Write and implement campaign budgets and plans.
- Coordinate with other team Sr. Directors to build and align campaigns with organizational goals.
- Maintain alignment with overarching organizational priorities.
- Assist with other department programs and projects as assigned.
- Act as a culture leader in the Campaigns & External Affairs team.
- As the team grows, serve as the people manager for 2-3 staff, responsible for their performance and growth at the organization.
- You have a winning track record in politics, with significant campaign experience in the legislative arena with some ballot initiative time as well.
- You have a strong desire to fix a broken political system and a passion for our cause.
- You support candidates and legislators in both political parties who believe in country over party and will put voters first.
- 10 plus years of experience in campaign management
- Experience designing campaign strategy and tactics and executing sophisticated campaign plans on a local, state, or multi-state scale.
- Understanding of legislative requirements, regulations, and processes and can knowledgeably answer questions about it.
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills, promoting a positive and productive team environment.
- Ability to analyze campaign data for informed decision-making and future planning.
- Effective resource allocation for successful campaign execution, ensuring optimal project outcomes.
- Experience in streamlining project management processes and optimizing workflows for increased efficiency.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and navigate evolving projects and campaigns.
- You have previously been a manager for one or more direct reports.
- You have excellent project management skills and can multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level.
- You have a high standard of professionalism and personal integrity.
- A fast-paced, innovative environment with high expectations energizes you.
- You are an excellent collaborator and can work with a diverse set of teammates.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- You are okay with traveling for work from time to time.