Associate, Common Ground USA
Common Ground USA (CG-USA) is Search for Common Ground's most significant investment in supporting a self-sustaining peaceful and inclusive democracy in the United States. Informed by lessons learned as the world's largest and oldest peacebuilding-dedicated organization, CG-USA aims to strengthen collective resilience against political, hate-based, and extremist violence in America, while fostering the conditions for a more inclusive, equitable, and peaceful society.
We are recruiting for a dynamic, highly-motivated, and diverse team of individuals aimed to work across divides to generate locally-rooted, responsive, and sustainable win-win solutions to some of the nation's most seemingly intractable issues. The Program Associate will play an integral role in the business development and program management processes of CG-USA.
- Supports the “capture” process (developing partnerships, capture planning) - Supports the development of winning bids, drafting proposals, and concept notes - Supports the creation and implementation of program development strategies - Supports the team knowledge management (e.g. maintaining contact databases and ensuring the consistent online filing of documents
- Supports the upkeep of grants management tracking tools, such as reporting trackers and start-up and close-out trackers for ongoing CG-USA projects - Supports the drafting of high-quality donor reports in compliance with donor requirements and CG-USA quality standards
- Support meeting logistics and staff travel planning - Represent CG-USA at external events and conference - Perform other supportive, administrative, and minor team management duties as needed
- Business intelligence: Researches and monitors donors. Analyzes funding opportunities. Ensure internal record-keeping - Positioning and donor relations: Represents CG-USA in line with positioning efforts. Produces marketing and communication materials - Partnerships: Supports partnership discussions. Conducts partner analysis. Ensure knowledge management - Go/No-Go Decisions: Conducts background research, including competitor analysis - Capture Planning: Conducts desk reviews. Assembles pre-proposal material. Supports delivery of capture strategy - Program Design: Provides input and support. Develops background materials - Proposal Development: Drafts specific sections of proposals or concept notes. Lead-writes supporting material development - Reporting: Drafts project narrative reports. Compiles project success stories.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Engages and communicates effectively across functions and across teams. - Participates in external meetings. - Builds relationships and engages effectively with collaborators. - Uses resiliency and exhibits flexibility and adaptability to changing tasks and team priorities. - With oversight by the supervisor, writes technical sections for team documents, briefing materials, and presentations. - Works across functions from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things. - Sensitively recognizes ethical situations. - Focuses on the key objectives of a task or project. - Creates accurate, organized, and timely work. - Is resourceful with time management and technology to prioritize tasks with limited supervision.
Type and Nature of Contacts
Interacts with others and handles problem situations with tact. Periodic external engagement as requested.
Education and Experience
Typically BS/BA with minimum 3 years’ experience.