Entertainment Partnerships Director
Resetting the Table
Reports to: Co-CEO
Location: Geo-flexible/remote (with preference for Los Angeles area)
Time Commitment: Part-time (30-50% time)
Desired Start Date: July 1st
Compensation: $130,000-$160,000 full-time salary pro-rated to part-time ($50,000-$75,000), plus pro-rated benefits at 50% time
ABOUT RESETTING THE TABLE
Resetting the Table (RTT) equips storytellers and leaders with tools and skills to transform toxic polarization and build a shared future in American life. Informed by expertise in mediation and conflict transformation, RTT’s programs have brought together more than 55,000 Americans for courageous and constructive communication on today’s most charged issues across a wide spectrum of backgrounds and viewpoints. We are a leading innovator and resource in the political bridge-building field, and our method for building “healthy conflict” is ](https://time.com/5955632/good-conflict-heres-how-it-works/)[nationally recognizedand highly sought after.
In the face of rampant polarization, the Entertainment Partnerships Director willpromote bridge-building as a cause within the industry, connecting storytellers to tangible tools they can integrate into their stories to address our crisis of division and rebuild our social fabric. Storytellers in film and TV who have been through RTT programs report “eureka” moments, feeling that they have new tools to revive empathy, reach new audiences, and translate across the ideological, racial, and regional streams of our fractured country. You will grow the reach and impact of RTT’s work with the entertainment and creative community, reaching millions to shape our culture and rebuild a shared sense of ‘we.’
It's an exciting time to join RTT’s growing team. We are entrepreneurs looking to transform this flammable moment in American history into connection, collaboration, and repair. The stakes don’t get much higher. Becoming an RTT team member is hard work, but you get to collaborate with some of the most thoughtful, caring people while doing some of the most meaningful and complex work. Our mission-driven workplace culture is dedicated to excellence, authentic collegial care, and investment in the professional development of each team member, and we see the motivation, growth, and well-being of our team members as a critical ingredient to our success.
We are seeking a masterful relationship-builder with strong networks in the entertainment industry and alignment with RTT’s mission. As the Entertainment Partnerships Director, you will engage Hollywood studios, agencies, guilds, showrunners, etc., to expand RTT’s footprint in the entertainment industry and bring world-class bridge-building techniques and messages to millions of people through film and TV.
- Leverage and cultivate relationships with leaders across entertainment for the purpose of securing commitments for RTT training and consultation
- Make in-roads across studios, networks, streamers, guilds, agencies, etc.
- Conduct outreach to past participants to support writers’ room consults, script reviews, and other consultation on shows, films, and media content
Develop RTT brand in entertainment
- Draft clear and concise messaging and positioning for RTT in Hollywood
- Make the case for the importance of RTT’s training to studios, guilds, and leaders in the industry
- Develop communication and marketing tools to inform and influence key audiences
Represent RTT at events for industry networking and identify events where RTT should have a presence
Note to Applicants: We encourage you to apply even if you do not feel that you meet 100% of the listed qualifications. If this job excites you and aligns with your values and aspirations, we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to your application.
- Existing network of senior contacts in media/entertainment, including studios, showrunners, writers, directors, etc., in film and TV
- Passion for RTT’s mission and approach and ability to represent it powerfully
- Highly motivated to leverage existing relationships and build new, authentic connections with a wide diversity of audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Reflective, reliable, and eager to learn new skills and systems
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Comfort working both collaboratively and independently across time zones
- Keen ability to listen, natural curiosity, and never-ending desire to learn
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of production processes
- Familiarity and interest in conflict transformation, bridge-building, and/or democracy-building fields
At RTT, we don’t just accept diversity of background, identity, or point of view – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our work, and our community. RTT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.** **We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment regardless of race, color, ideology, gender, age, religion, or any personal characteristics. All aspects of employment are decided based on qualifications, merit, and organizational need.
This part-time position is pro-rated according to a full-time salary range of $130,000-$160,000. We are open to proposals to work 30-50% time. Pro-rated benefits are available for 18 hours+/week employees, including health benefits, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, paid parental leave, home office stipend, 403(b) contribution, and more. Final compensation is determined based on level of experience and cost of living where the candidate resides.
HIRING PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to EntertainmentDirector@resettingthetable.orgwith “Entertainment Partnerships Director – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. No phone calls please.