Resetting the Table
ABOUT RESETTING THE TABLE
Resetting the Table (RTT) equips leaders and communities with tools and skills to confront, honor, and learn from political differences. We work to build a shared sense of “we” that includes our political counterparts and their aspirations and concerns, even while directly confronting and investigating our differences. Informed by combined expertise in the fields of mediation, conflict transformation, trauma therapy, and social research, RTT’s road-tested framework has brought together more than 55,000 Americans for courageous and constructive communication in partnership with thousands of organizations in 49 states. We are a leading innovator and resource in the bridge-building field, and our method for building “healthy conflict” in communities and religious congregations is nationally recognizedand highly sought after.
Resetting the Table recently completed a strategic planning process, and has charted a bold path forward for tackling the challenges that toxic polarization presents to our country and communities.** **It's an amazing time to join RTT’s growing team. We are entrepreneurs looking to transform this flammable moment in American history into connection, collaboration, and repair. The stakes don’t get much higher. Becoming an RTT team member is hard work, but you get to collaborate with some of the most thoughtful, caring people while doing some of the most meaningful and complex work.
At RTT, we see the motivation, growth, and well-being of our team members as a critical ingredient to our success. Our mission-driven workplace culture is dedicated to excellence, authentic collegial care, and investment in the professional development of each team member.
We are seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for managing operations for all of RTT’s in-person and virtual programs, including logistics, written materials, communication with internal and external staff and facilitators, and data collection. The Program Manager will collaborate closely with the full program team to deliver high-quality customized programs for a wide range of audiences.
The Program Manager will be a key member of our team during a period of rapid growth and expanding impact. This role involves an immersion in RTT’s world-class toolkit and programmatic offerings – an excellent opportunity for a professional interested in the fields of dialogue, deliberation, and bridge-building.
Program Management (70%)
- Establish program operations priorities and timelines for their implementation
- Generate project management plans for multi-month trainings and program series with many moving pieces, communicating with internal staff across departments as well as external coaches and facilitators
- Manage the creation and review of all customized program materials such as: packets, feedback forms, PowerPoint slides, tech instructions, etc.
- Oversee logistics for in-person programs, including space rentals, catering, travel, etc.
- Manage updates of templates for packets, surveys, PowerPoint slides, and other program materials
- Oversee file storage of all program materials in Dropbox and Google Drive
- Recruit and coordinate external coaches, facilitators, volunteers, and tech support when needed
- Recruit, train, and support team members providing tech support for virtual programs
- Supervise Program Associate
Program Data & Reporting (20%)
- Oversee collection of quantitative and qualitative program data, such as tallying total participants reached, distributing post-surveys after every program, and recording program highlights
- Manage constituent records and collaborate with Development and Communications team to ensure an accurate and up-to-date constituent database
- Manage RTT’s overall program calendar, reviewing all internal calendars to ensure data is accurate and up to date
- Liaise to grant-reporting and development team to convey data, stories, and testimonials
Internal Systems & Communication (10%)
- Develop, implement, and streamline processes, procedures, and systems to support the growth of the organization and programs
- Identify program gaps and needed resources to improve team capacity and ensure ongoing high-quality program delivery
- Serve as a liaison between the program team and other departments, including development, communications, and administration
Note to Applicants: We encourage you to apply even if you do not feel that you meet 100% of the listed qualifications. If this job excites you and aligns with your values and aspirations, we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to your application.
To be successful in this position, you will excel in the following areas:
Mission Alignment: You have a passion for our mission to transform political disagreement into a source of strengthened relationship, creative problem-solving, and collective insight. You believe it is crucial for more Americans to communicate constructively across differences in backgrounds and ideological views. You proactively pursue opportunities to learn from divergent perspectives and have the ability to communicate well with a variety of audiences.
Extraordinary Organizational and Time Management Skills: You are a self-directed, strategic thinker with the ability to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals, with a record of achieving results. You have a meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, quality, and timeliness. You develop intuitive organizational systems that make things easier for others and have a superior track record with project planning and execution, including creating and managing timelines and work plans.
Leadership and Professionalism: You have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams. You are committed to the well-being of staff, contractors, and participants.
Adaptability and Flexibility: You are able to wear different hats and manage competing priorities. You are strategic and have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to grow. You have a proactive approach to identifying opportunities for improvement, as well as removing barriers to implementation.
Ideal candidates for this position will also have:
- 2-5+ years of demonstrated success with program coordination and/or management
- Experience with written and verbal communication in a professional context with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and G Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.). Experience with SurveyMonkey, Airtable, and CRM software like Little Green Light is also a plus
- Experience running programs on Zoom and using its advanced features
- Demonstrated proficiency in data collection and data entry
- Experience in the field of conflict transformation (particularly vis-à-vis U.S. political polarization and/or the Israeli-Palestinian conflict)
- Experience working with faith communities
HIRING PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to ProgramManager@resettingthetable.org with “Program Manager Application – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for the Program Manager is** **$55,000-70,000, commensurate with experience. RTT also offers a competitive benefits package.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Typical office hours are 9am-5pm, with some RTT programs and obligations taking place in the evenings and on weekends. Depending on program and organizational needs, we’re open to some creative scheduling.
Benefits package includes:
- Health benefits, life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- Generous package of vacation, sick, and personal days, along with paid time off for federal and religious holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend for Home Office Expenses of up to $1,000
- 403(b) plan with 3% employer contribution
- Support of caring colleagues invested in your growth and development
At Resetting the Table, we don’t just accept difference of background, identity, or point of view – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our work, and our community. RTT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need.