RCVRC Internship - Summer 2022
The Election Administration Resource Center (EARC), dba the Ranked Choice Voting Resource Center (RCVRC), is an election policy, education, and research nonprofit based in North Carolina and Washington, DC. Our mission is to collect, distribute, and analyze information regarding the adoption, implementation, and impact of ranked-choice voting (RCV). Governed by a four-member board, our Executive Director and staff handle the day-to-day activities of the organization.
This paid internship offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain professional experience and college credit if allowed by the enrolling institution. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently and with a team. This is a remote position with the possibility of some in-person meetings and travel. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects related to research, communications, fundraising, and more.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited two- or four-year college or university;
- Have the ability to work virtually with your own computer, phone, and Internet access;
- Strong organizational and time management skills to successfully manage detail and overall plan;
- Should be proficient in Google Suite (Mail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.), including knowledge of general software programs;
- Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills with the ability to convey important information clearly and effectively;
- Capable of working with all relevant disciplines and staff located across locations/time zones;
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively drive projects; and
- Ability to effectively handle challenging projects in a fast-paced environment, and ask questions to ensure the quality of work.
- Research and gather materials from RCV elections;
- Draft materials for the RCVRC’s quarterly webinars and monthly podcasts;
- Develop graphics for social media and our website; and
- Support our fundraising efforts;
- This 10-week internship is projected to begin on Tuesday, May 31st, and run through Friday, August 12th, 2022
- If permitted by the applicant’s enrolled institution, the RCVRC can provide college credit. Candidates are responsible for communicating with the RCVRC and their enrolled institution regarding necessary requirements for credit.
- Flexible Hours
- Business related expenses paid up front and/or reimbursed
- Hourly rate: $18/hour