Optimize is a full-service provider of operations services to political campaigns, advocacy organizations, and small businesses in the progressive ecosystem. We work hand-in-hand with our clients to provide personalized services to fit their needs. Our services currently include IT, HR, budgeting, bill payment, and general operations. We are now building on our success in 2022 to offer a suite of new services, including establishing compliance offerings.
About the Role
Optimize is seeking a Compliance Manager to manage our suite of compliance and financial services. The ideal candidate will be process- and detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of federal compliance rules and best practices. This role is remote; candidates must be physically located in the United States.
- Ensure all client information is properly entered into all database systems, including NGP and Quickbooks, conducting weekly and monthly financial reconciliations for all clients and reviewing transactions for compliance with applicable campaign finance laws and regulations
- Generate, ensure accuracy, and file campaign finance reports for clients, working closely with the Accounts team to ensure timely and accurate communication with clients
- Respond to RFAIs on behalf of clients and conduct other business on their behalf related to ensuring compliance with campaign finance laws and regulations
- Collaborate with account staff to understand clients’ specific financial needs and to ensure those services are effectively integrated with other services provided to the client
- In coordination with the Accounts team, craft effective financial plans that align with clients’ strategic objectives and oversee the delivery of all financial and compliance services to clients, ensuring they meet both the clients' needs and our company's standards for quality
- Guide the Accounts team through budget reconciliation and accounting processes, advising on financial controls and other financial best-practices
- Regularly report to Accounts team and senior management on the status of financial and compliance projects and programs
- Manage financial and compliance projects according to business needs and new initiatives
- Responsible for day-to-day data entry for client financial activity
- Continuously research and stay informed about compliance trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to enhance our company’s compliance program and services
- Other duties as assigned to support our clients’ needs and our company’s mission
- Commitment to progressive causes and electing progressive candidates to office
- At least two cycles of federal candidate compliance experience as an account manager or other role as the individual responsible for completing and filing compliance reports
- Experience making disbursements on behalf of clients
- Experience working with legal counsel and accountants to ensure all campaign finance provisions are methodically followed
- Experience with joint fundraising committees
- Excellent skills in reconciliation and review of contributions for compliance
- Proficiency with Quickbooks, NGP, and Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite)
- Ability to work productively with co-workers, consultants, and clients in stressful situations
- Ability to handle time-sensitive situations with a level head
- At least one cycle of experience directly on a political campaign in any role preferred
Pay and Benefits
This is a full-time position that is not eligible for overtime. The starting annual salary range for this position is $72,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience. Optimize offers a generous benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance and a 401(k).
Equal Opportunity for All
Optimize was founded to create a better, more prosperous world for all people. We work toward this goal by elevating the work of our clients through superior operations. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our clients, their volunteers, and their voters, but we also strive for the same in our own staff. At Optimize, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, gender, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability (seen or unseen, temporary or permanent), sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic that makes someone unique and all those protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In short - all are welcome here.
To apply, please submit an application using this form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.