The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. The One America Movement brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing — and acting on — the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
ONE AMERICA MOVEMENT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER:
The Development Manager will work closely with the Development Team to oversee day- to-day development processes for our growing organization to obtain funding from various sources, including foundations, corporations, high-net-worth individuals, and online giving. The Manager will support all aspects of the grant research, writing, and submission process. This person should have experience in fundraising through various channels with a particular focus on foundation grant acquisition. The One America Movement is looking for a highly-skilled writer and organized team player to help take our growth to the next level and leverage our current financial strength.
- Manage the pipeline of ongoing potential funders, conducting foundation and corporate sponsorship research on potential funding opportunities.
- Manage grant cycle, drafting initial grant proposals in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, tracking reporting requirements, preparing for check-in meetings, and following up on donor requests.
- Work with senior organizational leadership to gather data for the proposal process, including organizational budgets from the operations team to develop reporting budgets.
- Support the design and implementation of new development opportunities by working with the Senior Leadership team to develop donor cultivation and stewardship plans.
- Maintain accurate data on donors and potential funders, managing the gift processing process (including acknowledgements and tax donation letters).
- Manage outside consultants on the implementation of Salesforce, including maintaining accurate data on current and potential donors.
- Drive strategy and coordination of funder meetings and events, ensuring all interactions are successful.
- Work with programs and advancement teams to create standard donor offers, reporting templates, and slide decks.
- Build and execute end-of-year fundraising communication plans.
- Work with the Communications and Programs teams to engage donors in programs and deepen their commitment to the One America Movement.
- Experience implementing development processes in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with grant research, writing, and reporting.
- Commitment to accountability and data-driven decision making.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team: challenging others and reflecting on your own beliefs and assumptions for the sake of improving organizational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively support raising funds for an organization of $1,000,000 – $5,000,000 budget level.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to expand donor base and diversify funding sources.
- Ability to effectively manage development processes with staff and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing effective communications materials for fundraising.
- Ability to constructively receive feedback and incorporate it into future work in a high-stakes environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience and at least five (5) years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Salesforce, and project management software such as Monday.com.
Other Useful Qualifications
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
Remote; Washington, DC Metro Area preferred.
The salary for this position is $67,000 - $73,000 annually with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the words Development Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.