State Engagement Director
National Vote at Home Institute
The State Engagement Director will report to and work closely with the Executive Director and team to achieve and implement the organizational and policy goals of the National Vote at Home Institute (NVAHI) a 501(c)(3) non-profit, nonpartisan organization, and its partner organization, the National Vote at Home Coalition, both dedicated to expanding the use of mailed-out ballots in elections across America. Through our education, research, and advocacy efforts with state and local elections officials, policymakers and partners, Vote at Home works to expand this secure, convenient, and popular method of voting, and to ensure state and local election officials have the tools, training, and support they need to conduct successful, transparent, accurate and secure mail ballot elections.
● Develop and implement multi-state advocacy campaigns, including mail ballot-related legislation.
● Partner with the Executive Director on state advocacy efforts and ensure all efforts incorporate long-term capacity and power building, as well as deepen NVAHI mission to boost and expand mail ballot use.
● Convene and facilitate state affiliates (e.g., legislators, advocacy organizations, election officials) regularly to discuss opportunities and coordinate strategy.
● Collaborate with the Communications Director to craft materials that will help raise awareness of NVAHI work.
● Travel (25-33%) for conferences and states for field work, as needed.
● Minimum of 5 years experience leading policy advocacy campaigns at the state level, including experience working with election adjacent organizations.
● Experience running multi-state efforts, particularly with independent organizations, and/or providing and overseeing multiple local/state partners working towards a shared goal.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable with public speaking.
● Organized and attentive to details; committed to teamwork and community.
● Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative, productive relationships with individuals, leaders and organizations.
Excellent Benefits - Full Healthcare, 401(k) with Match and more
Committment Thru September 2025, possibly longer.