Education & Community Engagement Liaison
Sponsoring Organization: Move for America Project Name: Art Ambassador: Community artist engagement
Site Name: Southwest Minnesota Arts Council
Focus Area(s): Capacity Building, Economic Opportunity & Development, Community Engagement VISTA Assignment Objectives and Member Activities
This project seeks to:
● Support artists and arts organizations in creating, producing and presenting high-quality arts activities
● Overcome barriers to accessing high quality arts activities
● Instill the arts into the community and public life in our region
● Support high-quality, age-appropriate arts education for residents of all ages to develop knowledge, skills and understanding of the arts
● Support events and activities that represent the diverse ethnic and cultural arts traditions; including folk and traditional artists and art organizations, represented in this region
First Objective of the Assignment (Period of Performance: TBD) Leverage current and past board members and other volunteers to serve as a conduit between SMAC and their constituents; recruit board members and panelists who represent BIPOC and underserved communities.
Work with SMAC staff to develop and execute a targeted outreach plan designed to connect staff, board members and SMAC affiliated art leaders to underserved communities.
Make connections and strengthen relationships with underserved populations including BIPOC individuals, immigrant communities, individuals with disabilities, and Indigenous peoples, including the Upper Sioux and Lower Sioux communities.
Convene a taskforce of diverse stakeholders to encourage dialogue and build rapport and relationships.
Second Objective of the Assignment (Period of Performance: TBD) Increase public awareness of the SMAC grant application process and encourage equity and inclusion in the grant making process.
Utilize various communication methods to disseminate information across the region regarding grant opportunities and deadlines, events, workshops and other engagement opportunities.
Perform targeted community outreach to engage underserved communities.
Implement an access plan with associated budget and milestone timelines that will address accessibility issues.