Community Engagement Officer
Move for America
About the Fellowship
The Move for America Fellowship, in partnership with AmeriCorps VISTA, is a paid, 12-month immersive service learning experience grounded in community engagement and civic participation. As a Fellow, you will serve in a local nonprofit to convene diverse community perspectives to solve local challenges collaboratively and compassionately. All Fellows participate in our Inclusive Leadership training program, which includes over 80 hours of learning together with your cohort of Fellows, focused on intercultural communication, navigating conflict, and engaging communities. This Fellowship Program is the ideal opportunity to expand your horizons and launch a life of impact by bridging cultural and ideological differences.
Qualifications & Eligibility
Fellows are not required to have had previous job experience. This is an entry level position designed to catalyze your career and leadership development. We do, though, seek the following traits in all Fellows: Curiosity, Growth Mindset, Teamwork, Community Orientation, Accountability, and Leadership skills.
Learn more at Move4america.org/fellowship
- Must be 18 years old by service start date.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or DACA recipient.
- Must be able to commit to a year-long program from August 2024 - August 2025, with a full-time work week (35 hours per week daytime hours, Monday-Friday).
- We welcome applicants from any location, but you must be willing to live and work in Minnesota during the 2024-25 term of service
Living Stipend and Benefits
- $22,882 annual living stipend
- Up to $1,000 in relocation reimbursement assistance (based on the direct mileage between the ZIP code of your home of record and the ZIP code of your project site)
- Earn a $6,895 education award for current/future education costs OR opt for the end-of-service cash stipend benefit of $1,800
- 80+ hours Inclusive Leadership & Community Engagement training
- Professional and peer mentorship
Check out the full list of VISTA member benefits Americorps.gov/members-volunteers/vista/benefits.
During their year of service, Fellows serve full-time in a local nonprofit organization on defined community-engagement activities. Each site is unique, so the scope of each project and activity will vary based on the host site. The Move for America Fellowship is meant to be a transformative experience that builds Fellows’ cross-cultural knowledge, Inclusive Leadership mindset and community engagement skills. It is a Fellow’s responsibility to fully participate in activities planned for Fellows, and in the life of the community.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Move for America is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind in any part of our business and partnerships. Building a diverse and inclusive team is key central to our values and mission, and essential for our success. We humbly strive to ensure that the Move for America team environment is intentionally inclusive and reflective of the communities we serve. We hire talent with a transparent and equitable process for all who apply. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical history, or any other protected statuses. We believe our differences make us stronger and encourage all interested candidates to apply.