Manager, Digital Content
Millennial Action Project
Position: Manager, Digital Content
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Associate Director, Public Affairs
Location: Washington, DC
ABOUT FUTURE CAUCUS
Future Caucus has an audacious mission: activate young leaders to bridge the partisan divide and build a more functional democracy. Future Caucus is a national, nonpartisan organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of elected leaders. We provide the resources, networking, and capacity-building opportunities for these policymakers to forge productive partnerships on critical national issues.
In 2013, Future Caucus organized the nation’s first and only caucus for young members of Congress, the Congressional Future Caucus, to build coalitions on future-oriented challenges. Future Caucus also scaled this model into more than 33 state legislatures, each with a Future Caucus consisting of young, high-potential legislators, and now engages more than 1,800 young legislators nationwide. Learn more at www.futurecaucus.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Future Caucus is seeking an experienced, innovative Digital Content Manager to develop its online voice and execute a robust social content strategy to build brand recognition and awareness of Future Caucus among our target audiences.
As the steward of our digital platforms, social channel strategy, and website, you will play a critical role in elevating Future Caucus' visibility on key topics and conversations, growing our audiences, and, together with the rest of the communications team, building a cohesive and recognizable brand for Future Caucus across our program offerings. In addition to managing the primary Future Caucus brand channels, you will advise senior leadership and programs on digital and social media tactics to achieve their communications goals.
This role is an exciting opportunity to help craft and shape the online voice of Future Caucus and help position the organization as a leader in light of its new strategic plan. As a member of the communications team, the Digital Manager will report directly to the Associate Director of Public Affairs.
- Refine and drive social media strategy for Future Caucus;
- Develop and manage a social media calendar in alignment with overall content strategy;
- Establish a clearly defined, consistent social media voice for Future Caucus, drawing on its brand narrative and personality;
- Creatively uplift the stories of young lawmakers and elevate the Young Lawmakers' Storybank across digital platforms
- Responsible for short-form, digital writing needs of the organization, especially our regular newsletter and email program;
- Execute email program in response to communications team needs;
- Develop benchmarks to measure success and report out on progress, and share metrics with the communications team;
- Engage directly with young lawmakers on social media, particularly Twitter and Instagram, while tracking activity, ensuring brand alignment, and leveraging opportunities for digital promotion
- Create and curate content for Future Caucus’ primary brand social media channels (X, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook), with a special focus on X and Instagram;
- Ghostwrite digital content as needed for senior Future Caucus leadership;
- Identify engaging quotes and key messages from our events and reports that would resonate with a broader audience on social media;
- Together with other members of the team, identify State Future Caucus Network/Congressional Future Caucus successes and collaborations best suited for social media elevation or inclusion in Young Lawmakers’ Storybank;
- Identify opportunities to create short-form video content, social graphics, data visualizations, and other shareable content;
- Create graphic designs for social content as well as other design needs as assigned;
- Create social media toolkits to support priority program/event launches, and follow-through with stakeholders to ensure execution.