DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS & STRATEGY
Leadership Now Project
SUMMARY: We seek a dynamic operations leader to support our organization through rapid growth and critical elections (2024). The Director of Operations & Strategy will be responsible for the financial management, talent recruitment, and business operations of the organization as well as contribute to overall organizational strategy.
This role will lead the building of a modern, efficient organization equipped with the best tools for rapid growth.
Successful candidates will exhibit strength in both analytics and client services and will have strong organizational, data, and communication skills.
WHO WE ARE: The Leadership Now Project is a membership organization of business and thought leaders who are committed to high-impact solutions to renew American democracy. Leadership Now has four guiding principles that transcend political parties: to protect democracy while renewing it; to promote fact and evidence-based policymaking; to create an economy that works for all, and to embrace diversity as an asset.
Incubated in 2017 by a group of Harvard Business School alumni, Leadership Now activates the resources, networks, and skills of our members. Today, Leadership Now has eight chapters, members in 26 states and continues to grow.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE
● Passionate about democracy, our principles, and share our belief that business has a role in protecting our democracy.
● You are excited to work in a startup environment, where priorities can change at any moment and proactivity, flexibility, teamwork, and a growth mindset are critical.
● You are a systems thinker. You think about issues beyond the singular instance, and seek to understand the root cause, and develop robust, resilient solutions.
● You are open to feedback, eager to grow and you bring your best to everything you do, and want to help others get there, too.
● You care more about the team than the individual. You believe you succeed when others succeed.
● You seek out opportunities to build relationships and contribute across the team.
KEY PROJECTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
● Design, develop, and deploy tools and systems to support the growth of the organization
● Manage finances across several organizational structures (c4, fiscally-sponsored c3, and affiliated PAC)
● Manage human resources and the talent recruitment process by designing and shepherding inclusive processes to recruit and onboard top talent to join our team
● Select and maintain technology partners and capabilities to support our work, in coordination with external partners
● Develop and maintain dashboards to track our KPIs and support the leadership team in tracking our progress towards goals
● Own the maintenance and delivery of periodic reports on performance to the leadership team
● Own business and operational documentation
● Proactively identify opportunities for improvement across our processes and develop recommendations
● + opportunities to get involved with other functions based on org growth, experience / passions, etc
● 5+ years experience in business operations roles, human resources, or similar experience
● Experience leading/driving finance and/or talent functions
● Strong analytical and organizational skills, with proficiency in Google Sheets / Excel required, proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) a plus
● Excellent self-management skills - ability to organize, prioritize, and communicate updates
● Demonstrated experience in solving new problems with new solutions
● Ability to work cross-functionally to lead people towards a shared goal
● Entrepreneurial DNA; ability and desire to launch and run initiatives end-to-end
● Customer/Client service orientation + a demonstrated track record of building strong relationships
● Process & project management / improvement experience and willingness to learn (and then teach others) new tools
● Experience using a CRM (Hubspot, Salesforce) a plus
Location is remote, with a preference for the individual to be located in New York or Texas.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please apply here out our Expression of Interest form. Promising candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Leadership Now Project believes that diversity is an asset. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people we can find. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.