Assistant/Associate Director of Membership - New York
Leadership Now Project
New York, NY, USA
90,000 – 120,000 USD per year
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
SUMMARY: We seek dynamic leaders to grow the scale and impact of our community of members in New York and Boston. The Membership Advisor is a full-time role that will be responsible for continuing to attract extraordinary new members through referral and matching them and existing members with opportunities to engage and have impact. Advisors will work with Leadership Now’s Director of Membership. Leadership Now’s success has been enabled by activating MBA alumni and professional networks, experience with and understanding of those networks or relationship management will be critical to success in this role.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE
- Passionate about democracy, our principles, and share our belief that business has a role in protecting our democracy.
- A relationship builder and connector who excels at understanding what interests and motivates people.
- A skilled communicator with the ability to coordinate events to engage members.
- Excited to work in a startup environment. You’re proactive, flexible, and embrace teamwork.
KEY PROJECTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set growth targets, including acquisition and retention goals, for your chapter and region in collaboration with the Membership Director and membership team, and create and track a robust membership funnel
- Generate new member referrals among the existing membership base and through market research and prospecting, further expanding Leadership Now’s reach in alumni and professional networks
- Work with the Membership Director and team to test new approaches to recruiting and engaging members and to identify new communities to engage (e.g. current MBA students, members of partner organizations, etc.)
- Identify members who might be interested in stepping up to contribute more to Leadership Now in the form of upgrading memberships or taking on volunteer leadership roles within the organization
- Develop efforts for member community building in each region, including;
- Creating local programs and events
- Identifying and prioritizing issues for local or state-level engagement
- Developing local communications
- Building a regional membership committee that will ultimately own the responsibility of membership recruitment and engagement under the direction of the Advisor
- Supporting national strategies and advocacy
- 5+ years experience in business, business development, investor relations, organizing, sales, fundraising or related fields (experience with membership organizations is a plus)
- Alignment with Leadership Now’s principles, model, and issues focus
- Customer/client-service orientation and a track record of building strong relationships
- Entrepreneurial and innovative; ability and desire to launch and run initiatives end-to-end
- Experience with, membership in, and understanding of alumni and/or business professional networks
- Experiences with or open to learning new strategies for building community (e.g. ability to combine effective digital communication with in-person and peer-peer engagement)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort level with the typical Leadership Now member (busy, high-powered professionals)
- Self-starter who can build a portfolio of members through market research and identifying potential leaders aligned with our mission
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and communicate updates
- Experience with volunteer committee management
- Experience with planning, managing, and executing events
- Experience using a CRM (Hubspot, Salesforce), data-driven analysis of performance indicators preferred
- Experience in policy and politics a plus, interest in strengthening democracy a must
Leadership Now Project is an equal opportunity employer.