Leadership Now Project
Leadership Now is seeking interns who are current college students to help fuel our growth. As we take on critical challenges protecting our democracy, engaging business, and supporting our membership, we are looking for talented, passionate individuals to join our team through the summer (and potentially longer!). We are looking for interns with interest and experience in one or more of the following areas: ● Strategy and Innovation ● Analysis & Investment ● Communications & Advocacy
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE
● You are passionate about democracy and are aligned with Leadership Now’s principles. You believe that business has a role to play in protecting our democracy and that every citizen deserves an equitable opportunity to engage in our democracy.
● You easily communicate in a virtual environment. You present yourself professionally on all platforms and are a confident written and verbal communicator.
● You are excited to work in a startup environment, where priorities can change and proactivity, flexibility, teamwork, and a growth mindset are critical.
● You can be a “juggler” and also be detail-oriented. You are able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while also sweating the small details.
KEY PROJECTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
● Conduct research to support a democracy innovation portfolio and create materials critical for learning and developing a long-term strategy.
● Support the creation of project materials such as one-pagers, PPTs, and marketing materials.
● Interface with members and partners to support strategy execution.
Analysis & Investment
● Conduct rigorous market landscape and industry profile analysis.
● Track and analyze financial contributions and other politically relevant financial data.
● Brainstorm and execute new analysis ideas to support Leadership Now’s priorities.
Communications & Advocacy Intern
● Support external and internal communications by drafting memos, updates, and emails to members.
● Execute social media and work with supervisor to create a steady stream of content for Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
● Support team with the development of comprehensive member engagement and growth strategy and communications materials.
General (all interns)
● Support our virtual convenings and track their impact on our priority issue areas, candidates, and members.
● Attend partner events and conferences to represent the organization, take notes, and present key insights to our membership/team.