People Operations Intern
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Good Party is looking for a detail-oriented People Operations Intern with previous relevant experience to join our operations team. Your role will be critical in assisting our organization’s hiring, administrative, and people operations initiatives to grow Good Party’s movement in this critical election year. You’ll be involved in the day to day of an early stage startup and have multiple opportunities for mentorship and growth through interactions with senior leadership. If you want to gain valuable experience while making a difference, this opportunity is for you.
We’re especially interested in applicants who are current college seniors or recent graduates with past experience in a hiring, HR, or people operations internship, since this has potential to convert to full-time upon graduation.
About Good Party:
Good Party is the movement to make people matter more than money in our democracy. We’re building free tech and a movement to end America's two-party political dysfunction.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative. In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected! Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
With over 500,000 elected offices in the United States, Good Party is empowering a grassroots revolution to take back our communities from career politicians. We help real people run winning local and state level campaigns.
Good Party’s solution is to train people to run for office plus support candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, all without selling out to the Democrats, Republicans, big money, or special interests. Our free AI Campaign Manager and team with 50+ years of campaign experience make running, winning and serving as an independent possible.
We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why You Should Work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over making money
- Work where and how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the country
- Join a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission
- We’re fully funded for our mission. No stressing over whether the next round of funding will come through. Focus on making an impact. That’s what matters here.
What You'll Do:
- Be the backbone of our hiring efforts, schedule interviews with job candidates, assist in keeping our pipeline seamless in our Applicant Tracking System (Lever) to ensure a seamless candidate experience.
- Provide support for People Operations activities, including day to day administrative and logistics tasks.
- Support the growth of Good Party’s team by supporting onboarding and role success across our Mobilization, Product, Marketing, and Operations teams.
- Engage in project management tasks in the operations team, ensuring timely completion and attention to detail.
- Contribute to other miscellaneous initiatives within the People Operations team.
- Report to the People & Culture Coordinator.
Who We're Looking For:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good
- You’re ideally a current senior in college studying human resources, business administration, or other related fields. Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- You’re interested in pursuing a career in People Operations or Human Resources
- You’ve got the grit to push through and make the impossible possible. You thrive working at the startup speed that our mission demands.
- You’re known amongst your friends for your superior organization & project management skills. You can’t help but make sure everything’s well arranged when you’ve got plans or a trip coming up. You catch the details others miss.
- You’re a timely communicator - emailing, coordinating, and scheduling with others energizes you rather than drains you.
- You have experience in a past hiring, HR, or people operations internship and are looking to grow in this field
- You communicate directly, honestly, and are open to candid feedback
- You’ve got experience with hiring processes and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) such as Lever
- You’ve got experience studying, working, or volunteering in politics, civics, or democracy reform
Apply or spread the word:
We hope you'll apply!
We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time. For this role, the pay rate is $15/hour, for an expected minimum of 15-20 hours a week.
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!