Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2023
Good Party is looking for a Lead Organizer / Volunteer Manager who will be the driving force building and expanding our volunteer movement. You have proven experience and remarkable talent for relationship-building to transform interest into impactful action. This role is pivotal in empowering volunteers, coming up with innovative, creative ways to say “yes” to their contributions, and channeling passion toward our mission to make people matter more than money in our democracy.
About Good Party:
Good Party is the movement to make people matter more than money in our democracy. We’re building free tech and a movement to end America's two-party political dysfunction.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative. In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected! Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
With over 500,000 elected offices in the United States, Good Party is empowering a grassroots revolution to take back our communities from career politicians. We help real people run winning local and state level campaigns.
Good Party’s solution is to train people to run for office plus support candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, all without selling out to the Democrats, Republicans, big money, or special interests. Our free AI Campaign Manager and team with 50+ years of campaign experience make running, winning and serving as an independent possible.
We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why you should work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over profit
- Innovative Bitcoin denominated deferred bonus plan, allowing you to have the amazing upside of being in a startup while working on a truly meaningful mission
- Work where and how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the country
- Join a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- We encourage you to take time off to recharge and have an unlimited PTO (sick and vacation) policy. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We believe a work-life balance is needed to get there.
- We’ll make sure you’ve got what you need to work remotely through our workspace setup stipendIf you work from home, we give $50/month to help with your internet and other expenses. If you prefer co-working, that’s an option we can discuss too.
- Fully funded for our mission. No stressing over whether the next round of funding will come through. Focus on making an impact. That’s what matters here.
What you'll do:
- Ignite volunteers to take remote, online action so we can expand Good Party’s growing movement and support candidate campaigns.
- Own the entire volunteer journey and experience. This includes recruiting interested individuals, making effective asks, nurturing interest and following up to fully activate, leading volunteer programs, and keeping volunteers engaged over time.
- Script, train, track, and manage phone and text bank programs in collaboration with the Political Director and candidates, especially during peak election periods.
- Discover the unique talents of each volunteer, creating personalized and fulfilling opportunities for them to contribute to this mission. Innovate to go beyond traditional volunteer actions.
- Develop and execute volunteer actions (including training) in conjunction with the Head of Field and Mobilization (who this role will report to) and collaborate with the Discord Community Manager to facilitate and support online volunteer contributions.
- Manage our email and text-based volunteer programs, keeping volunteers regularly updated, engaged, and activated, while providing exceptional support and feedback.
- Support IRL local volunteerism remotely from afar with occasional travel. Be the online backbone so local volunteers stay plugged in after campaigns end.
- Connect volunteer activities with our social media storytelling. Identify compelling volunteer stories and support our Marketing team to shine a light on them to inspire more interest and action. Share the results of their impact with individual volunteers and the movement.
- Fully utilize the tools for data tracking, analysis, and monitoring in order to maximize volunteer recruitment, communication, and ongoing engagement.
- Build up to volunteers leading volunteers, including volunteers handling and scaling work you’ll do yourself in the early days.
Who we're looking for:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good.
- You have “startup” experience building a decentralized movement from early days to at least 1,000 active online volunteers in any context (political, advocacy, nonprofit, etc.). We’re more interested in the results of your track record than years of experience.
- You're deeply passionate about guiding volunteers from their first click to long-term impact. You have demonstrable skills in adapting your approach to meet someone where they’re at and convert them to the next yes. You remember people.
- Effective communication is your superpower. Whether it’s virtual, in-person, text, email, or via an online community like Discord, you know how to tailor your message to the audience and channel. You’re well known for hooking interest and inspiring action.
- You love finding out someone’s hidden talent and figuring out a bespoke way for them to plug in. You’re creative and can come up with out-of-the-box ideas on the spot, so you don’t lose that moment to activate a volunteer.
- You know how to script, train, and lead phone and text banking programs, with experience from any context (doesn’t have to be for candidates). When the heat is on, you’re firing everyone up!
- You solve problems by creating an opportunity for volunteers to work on that problem. You lean toward decentralization, with good judgment around what needs to be top-down and what doesn’t.
- You're motivated to build a diverse volunteer community (across political ideologies, identities, and locations), whether it's due to your strong interest, past volunteer work, or previous experience in related fields.
- You know volunteers tend to be active and available during the evenings and weekends. You’re open to a flexible schedule. You’ll ensure you or someone else is available to support volunteers when they have questions.
- You make excellent use of systems to keep people organized and speed up your work, including CRMs, AI tools, data tracking, and reporting tools.
- You thrive working at startup speed. Our solution is desperately needed and the issues of our time are all bottlenecked by our corrupted democracy.
- You align with our team’s values: We Are – Honest, open, and mission-driven. We Believe – People are Good. We Create – Results that inspire and grow our movement. We Love – Freedom and owning responsibility for all that we do. We Party – Together with a purpose!
- You have experience studying, working, or volunteering in politics, political activism, or democracy reform.
- You’ve used anything in our tool stack – Discord, Hubspot, Scale to Win, and ChatGPT.
- You're bilingual or multilingual.
- You’ve worked in a startup or other fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- You’re sick of sitting on the sidelines watching our democracy fail to meet its potential.
If you've seen another posting for the Volunteer Manager position, this is the same role and we're only hiring 1 person. We're promoting the role with different titles to attract people with different work backgrounds to this role. Title will be commensurate with experience.
The salary range is $65,000 to $85,000 for this remote, full-time position with excellent benefits. This range reflects the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, skills, seniority, education, qualifications, certifications, and organizational needs. We reserve the right to modify this pay range at any time.
We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time.
Ready to learn more or apply?
We hope you'll apply!
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!