Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
Good Party is looking for an innovative Growth Marketer with 3+ years experience who’s ready to run experiments and build a learning machine to disrupt the status quo in American politics.
About Good Party:
Good Party is the movement to make people matter more than money in our democracy. We’re building free tech and a movement to end America's two-party political dysfunction.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative. In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected! Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
With over 500,000 elected offices in the United States, Good Party is empowering a grassroots revolution to take back our communities from career politicians. We help real people run winning local and state level campaigns.
Good Party’s solution is to train people to run for office plus support candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, all without selling out to the Democrats, Republicans, big money, or special interests. Our free AI Campaign Manager and team with 50+ years of campaign experience make running, winning and serving as an independent possible.
We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why you should work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over profit
- Innovative Bitcoin denominated deferred bonus plan, allowing you to have the amazing upside of being in a startup while working on a truly meaningful mission
- Work where and how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the country
- Join a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- We encourage you to take time off to recharge and have an unlimited PTO (sick and vacation) policy. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We believe a work-life balance is needed to get there.
- We’ll make sure you’ve got what you need to work remotely through our workspace setup stipendIf you work from home, we give $50/month to help with your internet and other expenses. If you prefer co-working, that’s an option we can discuss too.
- Fully funded for our mission. No stressing over whether the next round of funding will come through. Focus on making an impact. That’s what matters here.
What you'll do:
- Create and execute iterative and nimble demand generation campaigns and growth initiatives to bring Good Party to new audiences.
- Be a part of the team that locates the target audience that will save democracy. You’ll be focused on the top of the funnel - attracting people to become empowered candidates, community members, and subscribers.
- Manage and constantly improve performance marketing campaigns across ads, social platforms, search, and experimental channels
- Assist with conversion rate optimization of key funnels on Good Party’s marketing site and marketing automation. Help simplify, tighten, and map the user journey and understand where the biggest growth levers are located. Emphasis on improving our SMS and email funnels.
- Lead a strong program of multivariate testing on ad platforms. Direct the language and creative of advertising for campaigns for different audiences with an eye toward continuous improvement. Use data and insights to propose new experiments aligned with our goals. Partner with Graphic Design to implement new creative.
- Consistently track and transparently report on metrics, including successes, failures, and learnings
- Help manage marketing operations for Hubspot. Support the wider team with campaigns, platform architecture, automations, and data cleanliness by providing best practices and direct implementation.
- Maintain, update, and improve the marketing analytics architecture within our existing stack - Google Analytics, Looker/BigQuery, VWO, and Hubspot. Ensure tracking is working alongside new product releases and guard for data integrity.
- Research and experiment with novel growth tactics, particularly new AI tools
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager and Content Marketing Coordinator on wraparound campaigns. Cross-pollinate learnings from social accounts, email, and blog across initiatives.
- Report to Marketing Manager who has a B2B growth marketing background, with opportunity for mentorship
Who we're looking for:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good.
- You’re a quantitatively driven growth marketer who thinks in terms of experiments. You love figuring out how to test your way toward bigger swings and impactful results.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience creating winning growth experiments for a consumer brand or B2C product. B2B experience is also welcome. We care more about raw talent, drive, and startup chops than years of experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative field or focus
- You’ve marketed something from scratch (could be a personal or college project) or worked at an early stage startup. You enjoy projects with unknowns and are quick to pivot when the need arises or a better path emerges.
- You’re an efficient, experienced ad buyer on multiple platforms (SEM, paid social, newsletter/podcast/influencer) and have experience working with multiple types of inventory and ad formats.
- You know your data. You’re a proficient to advanced user of reporting and CRM tools like Hubspot/Marketo/equivalent, Google Analytics and associated tools, VWO, and Looker/BigQuery
- You’re analytical with a metrics mindset plus the data, optimization, and problem solving skills to ensure our marketing efforts reach their potential
- You’re using AI tools to be more effective and efficient at your craft
- You’re able to work independently and thrive when collaborating with others to iteratively solve problems in real-time
- You’re bringing a trick or two up your sleeve from day one and are looking for ways to stay ahead of the curve on the latest growth tactics
- You thrive working at startup speed. You love having multiple experiments running at a time and do your best to set the pace. Our solution is desperately needed and the issues of our time are all bottlenecked by our corrupted democracy.
- You’re organized and methodical about your approach to growth marketing. When asked about a campaign’s success or failure, you know your numbers and have strong documentation of test results.
- You’re a good copywriter
- You have experience with A/B + multivariate testing and marketing automation
- You have a background working with large datasets and doing advanced statistics
- You’ve got experience studying, working, or volunteering in politics, civics, or democracy reform
- You’re sick of sitting on the sidelines watching our democracy fail to meet its potential
The salary range is $70,000 to $100,000 for this remote, full-time position with excellent benefits. This range reflects the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, skills, seniority, education, qualifications, certifications, and organizational needs. We reserve the right to modify this pay range at any time. Title will also be commensurate with experience.
We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time.
Ready to learn more or apply?
We hope you'll apply!
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!