Business Operations & Strategic Planning Manager
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
Good Party is looking for an analytical Business Operations Manager with 5+ years work experience who is a top notch systems builder, project manager, and problem solver. You’ll be the backbone for our remote startup as we scale our impact.
About Good Party:
Good Party is the movement to make people matter more than money in our democracy. We’re building free tech and a movement to end America's two-party political dysfunction.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative.
In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected! Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
With over 500,000 elected offices in the United States, Good Party is empowering a grassroots revolution to take back our communities from career politicians. We help real people run winning local and state level campaigns.
Good Party’s solution is to train people to run for office plus support candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, all without selling out to the Democrats, Republicans, big money, or special interests. Our free AI Campaign Manager and team with 50+ years of campaign experience make running, winning and serving as an independent possible.
We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why you should work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over profitInnovative Bitcoin denominated deferred bonus plan, allowing you to have the amazing upside of being in a startup while working on a truly meaningful mission
- Work where and how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the countryJoin a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- We encourage you to take time off to recharge and have an unlimited PTO (sick and vacation) policy. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We believe a work-life balance is needed to get there.
- We’ll make sure you’ve got what you need to work remotely through our workspace setup stipendIf you work from home, we give $50/month to help with your internet and other expenses. If you prefer co-working, that’s an option we can discuss too.
- Fully funded for our mission. No stressing over whether the next round of funding will come through. Focus on making an impact. That’s what matters here.
What you'll do:
- Support business operations by working on analytical projects for finance, keeping strategic models up to date, and preparing reports and presentations
- Implement, manage, and continuously improve startup processes and systems to ensure peak efficiency and effective remote collaboration. Examples include project management tools, AI tools implementation, OKRs, internal metrics dashboards, finance operations, and remote work communications tools
- Serve as project manager for special projects with the executive team and cross-functional initiatives
- Oversee contractor utilization, including managing legal contracts, payments, and recommending changes to arrangements to improve outcomes
- Manage day to day finance, monitor budget vs. actuals, and flag issues Be the point person for operations at Gifted Savings, our sister organization that’s working on scalable solutions for income inequality in the United States. Attend weekly team meetings and ensure their operational needs are met as they scale.
- Steer semi-annual team offsite planning and execution
- Assist our People Operations function by supporting hiring, onboarding, benefits enrollment and other human resources work during busier hiring seasons
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Who you are:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good and don’t think the two-party system is the answer
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in an operations or business operations role, preferably at a fast-paced startup or at a top tier management consulting firm serving tech clients in operations and/or strategy
- MBA preferred, but not required
- You can create complex strategic and financial models in Excel/Google Sheets, formulas are your bread and butter. You can create your own dashboards in Looker or other analytics and business intelligence tools.
- You can confidently put together a polished, persuasive presentation. You know how to visualize data or findings in a way less analytical people can easily digest.
- You are numbers and metrics driven and use data to inform decisions
- You have experience with financial management software and AI tools. You have an eye for automating and simplifying workflows.
- You have experience with project management. You can get a project from point A to point B in an efficient way while juggling multiple stakeholders.
- You enjoy being given a new challenge, identifying needs, figuring out the best possible approach to quickly get to the desired outcome, while keeping process lightweight and nimble
- You are systems-oriented, you are always on the lookout for ways to improve your work
- You catch the details that others miss and notice issues as they’re emerging. You can’t help but proactively jump in to help solve them.
- You are comfortable with the uncomfortable, you’re eager to jump into unknown situations and come up with creative solutions
- You have worked in operations and/or business operations at a startup
- You know SQL
- You have experience studying, working, or volunteering in politics, political activism, or democracy reform
- You’re sick of sitting on the sidelines watching our democracy fail to meet its potential
The salary range is $75,000 to $140,000 for this remote, full-time position with excellent benefits. This range reflects the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, skills, seniority, education, qualifications, certifications, and organizational needs. We reserve the right to modify this pay range at any time. Title will also be commensurate with experience.
We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time.
Ready to learn more or apply?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization dedicated to making people matter more than money in our democracy. If you have a passion for startup operations and are excited about Good Party, we hope you'll apply!
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!