Social Media Marketing Intern - Static Content
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Good Party is looking for an innovative and creative paid Social Media Marketing Intern who will create static content for the fall. You’ll receive mentorship from our Social Media Manager, Marketing Manager, and our marketing team. You’ll support all aspects of our Social Media team, from content strategy, content creation to influencer marketing. You’ll get experience with the day to day of an early stage startup and be managed by Good Party’s Social Media Manager, who previously ran Jury Duty’s accounts and has a personal brand with 300k+ followers.
*Note: There is another internship opportunity for those interested in primarily creating video content.
About Good Party:
Good Party is the movement to make people matter more than money in our democracy.
At Good Party, we help real people run winning campaigns based on good ideas. We connect our supporters to these Good Candidates who will truly represent us in office.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative. Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
We recognize that Independent and 3rd party candidates lack the resources to be viable against Republicans and Democrats, even though a majority of Americans are Independent. In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected!
Good Party’s solution is to provide candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, without selling out to the Democrats or Republicans. We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why you should work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over making money
- Work how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the country
- Join a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission
What you'll do:
- Create static social media content for Instagram and Facebook that grows our audience and generates awareness of Good Party
- Schedule out posts, engage with comments, and respond to DMs
- Measure engagement on social media platforms and other marketing platforms
- Contribute content ideas during weekly Writer’s Rooms
- Research and maintain awareness of current social media trends
- As part of an early stage tech start-up, you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats and get exposure to various disciplines (e.g. mobilization, politics, product development)
- You’ll work between 10-20 hours/week depending on your availability, producing 2-5 pieces of content a week
Who we're looking for:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good
- You’re a student in or recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program in marketing, graphic design, business, communications, humanities, or related field
- You’ve got the grit to push through and make the impossible possible.
- You thrive working at the startup speed that our mission demands
- You have a strong interest in Social Media & have the desire to grow professionally in this field
- You have experience creating content (specifically memes, infographics, and other static posts)
- You live and breathe social media, you always introduce your friends to the latest trends
- You can work independently and handle multiple work streams in a remote setting.
- You’re able to pivot and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice.
- You align with our team’s values: We Are – Honest, open, and mission-driven. We Believe – People are Good. We Create – Results that inspire and grow our movement. We Love – Freedom and owning responsibility for all that we do. We Party – Together with a purpose!
The pay rate for this remote position is $15/hour. We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time.
Apply or spread the word:
We hope you'll apply!
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!