Forward Party Internship
The Forward Party is a broad coalition centered around economic opportunity, personal liberty, and defending democracy. We are a team of political outsiders working to unite the pro-democracy community around reforms that will reduce political polarization, increase competition, and strengthen institutions. We’re focused on shared principles and problem-solving instead of rigid ideology, so that our policies are designed to actually fix the biggest issues facing the American people. We are building a team that is open, inclusive of all backgrounds and various viewpoints, and dedicated to data-driven governance.
The Forward Party is looking for interns to support operations across all aspects of our organization from development to communities and engagement to events. By joining our internship program, you will have the opportunity to work closely within your department, alongside colleagues who will provide you with hands-on projects and daily tasks. This internship will provide you with an active opportunity to contribute to the Forward Party while also developing your professional competencies to help you in your future career success.
The summer internship program is open to college-level students. We are currently looking for part-time interns who can commit a minimum of 15 hours per week for an 8-week program.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
- Be eager and willing to learn and work with various departments in the organization.
- Provide entry- to intermediate-level administrative and operational support in alignment with the functions of assigned department.
- Participate in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise while supporting the needs of the organization.
- Receive guidance, training, and mentoring from professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- May be asked to travel for events and activities associated with the organization.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited university/college.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a comfortability with G-Suite.
- Be able to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Be self-motivated and possess an entrepreneurial work ethic.
- Have a great attitude and hunger for learning.
- Have an appetite for collaboration and an open mind to outside perspectives.
When applying, please include what makes you passionate about this organization as well as areas of interest to match you with an appropriate department.
Thank you for your interest in this role at the Forward Party.
Something looks off?