Citizen Data seeks a Senior Researcher proficient in both Quantitative & Qualitative methodologies who will lead all research projects on behalf of partners and for internal purposes in support of product development.
The ideal candidate will have a background in democracy and/or politics, data analysis, social science, and quantitative research as well as experience in a broad range of methodological and theoretical research approaches. In addition to developing research on behalf of Citizen partners, she or he will produce various data analysis outputs and interface with Citizen’s partners to field questions and translate data into strategic recommendations.
Citizen's vision is one where the power of data is used to bring people together, strengthen democracy, and solve modern challenges. Citizen seeks a Senior Researcher who is just as passionate about this mission as the research itself, and will keep pushing the company forward to drive continuous results and impact.
Citizen is a remote company, and we are happy to consider candidates nationwide for this position.
Citizen Data is a non-partisan data engine for democracy. We engineer solutions that empower all Americans. Founded in 2019, Citizen’s team of data scientists, researchers, analysts, and strategists is dedicated to equipping leaders and organizations with the best-in-class insights and products they need to unite Americans, bridge divides, and advance meaningful change.
- Collaborate with clients to innovate research questions and design surveys, spanning a diverse range of quantitative methodologies, including Peer-to-Peer (P2P) surveys, Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI), and Computer-Assisted Web Interviewing (CAWI).
- Expertise in multi-mode survey design, questionnaire design, pretesting methods, and survey implementation.
- Ability to run survey experiments, RCTs, impact evaluations, and/or segmentation surveys.
- Apply critical thinking to quantitative survey methodologies, ensuring alignment with industry standards, and staying abreast of evolving trends and emerging best practices.
- Proficiency in statistical packages such as SPSS, Stata, R, or SAS.
- Knowledge of Qualtrics or equivalent survey tools.
- Design and execute qualitative research, including in-depth interviews and focus groups.
- Ability to create focus group and interview discussion guides, and lead small group and one-to-one conversations.
- Demonstrate expertise in qualitative data analysis techniques, ensuring meaningful insights are drawn from research findings.
- Effectively communicate the intricacies of qualitative research methods, guiding clients through the qualitative research process.
- Ability to integrate both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies seamlessly for comprehensive insights.
- Ability to translate complex research into actionable insights and meaningful data stories.
- Provide direct supervision over the day-to-day work of the Research Assistants.
- Conduct twice yearly performance reviews; provide consistent, constructive, & supportive feedback.
- Manage work coverage for out of office support.