Campaign Manager--Proposition 1B Ranked-Choice Voting for Seattle
The Campaign Manager will be tasked with running the day-to-day operations of a campaign to pass Proposition 1B, a proposal to bring ranked-choice voting to Seattle. The Campaign Manager will be responsible for working with consultants, partner organizations, volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders to ensure Proposition 1B passes.
The ideal candidate brings campaign experience, ideally a ballot measure campaign, experience working with organizations led by people of color, knowledge of Seattle’s political landscape, and knowledge of the benefits of ranked-choice voting. They will thrive in a metric-driven and independent work environment. Creativity, adaptability, initiative, and a sense of humor are appreciated.
- Immediate opening through November 30, 2022
- This position is full-time, exempt
- Salary: $7,000 - $8,000, per month depending on experience
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Schedule: Flexible; evenings and weekends required
- Reports directly to FairVote Washington’s Deputy Director, StephanieHoughton
Responsibilities of the Campaign Manager
- Coordinate messaging among an array of partner organizations
- Develop and implement a field plan, including volunteer management andorganization
- Develop and coordinate spokespeople
- Provide weekly updates to the campaign team
- Work closely with the campaign treasurer to ensure compliance with allapplicable campaign finance laws
- Coordinate multiple field and communications projects including, but notlimited to translations/interpretations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- A minimum of 2 cycles of campaign experience Demonstrated success in the area of volunteer management Proven ability to deliver results in meeting performance metrics
- Technical competence must include an ability to work on our platforms: G Suite, Votebuilder, EveryAction (CRM), Zoom, text-banking, phone-banking, and other applications
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Belief in the transformative power of electoral systems reform
Please send a resume, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers to email@example.com. Put “Seattle Campaign Manager” in the subject line. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis and this position will be open until filled. (Please mention where you learned about this position.)
FairVote Washington’s employment and program policies are nondiscriminatory; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, religion, age, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above, and we are committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.