Associate Director of Human Resources
Bipartisan Policy Center
The Associate Director of Human Resources will coordinate policies and programs with emphasis on benefits administration, data reporting and management, and the employee experience. In addition, the position works closely with the Chief Resources Officer (CRO) in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities.
- With the CRO, coordinate the administration of HR activities including job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations.
- Plan staff development programs and organize opportunities for professional development.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process with IT and project teams.
- Work with the accounting team on biweekly payroll changes.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management.
Benefits and Data Administration
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of the employee benefits programs.
- Coordinate benefit enrollments and serve as employee liaison with brokers and vendors in answering questions and resolving individual issues.
- Administer benefits programs, including conducting analyses and serving as primary contact with providers including group health and life, mental health services, and various other HR partners.
- Serve as primary coordinator on benefits renewal, open enrollment, and other annual processes.
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as staffing levels, turnover, recruitment, applicant tracking, promotions, etc.
- Working with the CRO and IT team, work towards implementing a new HR Information System over the next year
- Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources; contribute to further development of BPC culture and values.
- Develop initiatives and projects with the Cultural Exchange committee/DEI.
- Identify ways to promote staff engagement across position levels and projects.
- Assist in planning staff outings and in-house engagement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 6 years of direct experience in HR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying