Summer Internship 2024 - Communications
Bipartisan Policy Center
The communications department intern will work directly with the press, digital, and events staff in promoting BPC’s work to the public. As a cross-functional department, the intern will have opportunities to work on various projects across all of BPC’s policy areas.
- Monitor and internally disseminate reports of the organization’s media coverage. Maintain and build targeted press lists.
- Draft press releases, media pitches, event language, and social media posts.
- Design and create digital materials for events and social media marketing campaigns.
- Assist with BPC podcast and video production.
BPC seeks an intern to assist the communications team with the day-to-day activities of a busy press shop. Undergraduate (rising juniors and above) and graduate students, as well as recent graduates are eligible to apply. Successful applicants will be bright, ambitious self-starters with an interest in public policy, politics, and communications. Excellent writing and editing skills are required.
BPC has a robust summer program. Interns work full time, and will receive a $6,000 stipend for ten weeks of work. Interns must be rising juniors or above. Applicants must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate program or a recent graduate. Interns will provide functional support, conduct research, and work directly with project analysts and staff in various capacities.
*Please note that our Summer internship will be hybrid program*
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate has been identified. Please do not send multiple submissions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the number of applications received, we are unable to contact those who have not been selected for an internship. No phone calls, please. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply but must have a valid work permit or visa verifying eligibility to work in the United States. We do not offer visa sponsorship.
Required materials (please submit as one PDF File):
• Cover Letter
• Relevant writing sample (3-5 pages).
• College or university transcript (unofficial is acceptable).
• Phone and email contact information for two professional references, including a professor or other individual familiar with your work.
• Brief response to our Diversity statement on what it means to you (5-8 sentences).
• Summer internships: March 1st
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying