Submit Your Application\n
- You have errors in applying \n\n
Spring Internship 2024 - Early Childhood Initiative
Bipartisan Policy Center
BPC’s Early Childhood Initiative is working to build a high-quality system of early care and education that supports all of America’s families. Early care and education programs, including child care, play a key role in ensuring that every child has the opportunity to build a quality foundation that will prepare them to learn, grow, and succeed. Child care also supports families and strengthens communities by allowing parents to participate in the labor force. However, millions of American families struggle to find quality, affordable child care in a safe, well-designed facility. The Early Childhood Initiative’s work focuses on engaging a diverse group of stakeholders—from parents and families to business and faith leaders—in creating an early childhood system that works for all children and families. The initiative also works on understanding the need for and supply of child care across the country, and how federal, state, and local policies and innovations can increase access to quality child care.
The intern will work with project staff on writing and research, event planning, tracking news and congressional activity, and communications activities. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the successful candidate’s interests and the needs of the projects. The intern will work towards the team’s overall mission to develop a national strategy to close the gap between what it costs to produce high-quality early care and learning programs and what parents can afford.
- Must be an enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate school or be a recent grad
- Strong research and writing skills
- Efficient worker with ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Interest or experience in early childhood or related field
*This internship will need to be done in person in Washington D.C.
- Cover letter tailored to the team(s) you are applying for
- College or university transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Phone and email contact information for two professional references, including a professor or other individual familiar with your work.
- Brief response to our Diversity statement on what it means to you (5-8 sentences)
- 2-3 page writing sample
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying