Submit Your Application\n
- You have errors in applying \n\n
Spring Internship 2024 - Democracy Program, The Structural Democracy Project
Bipartisan Policy Center
BPC’s Structural Democracy Project is seeking an intern for the 2024 spring semester to assist with the project’s policy work. Americans are losing faith in our democracy’s governing institutions and electoral systems. Reforming our governing institutions and electoral systems will help our nation solve big problems and inspire faith in our democracy. We develop and champion bipartisan, systemic reforms that rebuild our government’s ability to put the country over party and build consensus. The Structural Democracy Project strives to rebuild governing institutions that solve problems and electoral systems that reflect our diverse nation.
The intern will work with project staff on writing and research, event planning, tracking news, and congressional activity, blogging, and communications activities. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the successful candidate’s interests and the needs of the projects.
Applicants are encouraged to review the five project areas within the Democracy Program prior to applying and interviewing for the position so they can determine which area they would be most interested in exploring.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- An interest in government and institutional reform
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
During the fall and spring semesters, internships are part-time and paid. Interns will receive a stipend of at $3000. Applicants must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate program or a recent graduate. Fall and spring internship hours are flexible, allowing students to gain valuable experience while maintaining their regular class schedules. Interns will provide functional support, conduct research, and work directly with project analysts and staff in various capacities.
*Please note that our Spring internship will be virtual with the option of hybrid work*
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate has been identified. Please apply early as applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis. Please do not send multiple submissions. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the number of applications received, we are unable to contact those who have not been selected for an internship. No phone calls, please. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply but must have a valid work permit or visa verifying eligibility to work in the United States. We do not offer visa sponsorship.
Required materials (in one PDF File):
- Cover letter tailored to the team(s) you are applying for
- College or university transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Phone and email contact information for two professional references, including a professor or other individual familiar with your work.
- Brief response to our Diversity statement on what it means to you (5-8 sentences)
- 2-3 page writing sample
• Spring Internships: November 24th
BPC Diversity Statement
The Bipartisan Policy Center defines diversity as the range of human qualities that make us unique as individuals, including—but not limited to—age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression, geographic location, nationality, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
To celebrate diversity and ensure equity and inclusivity, BPC is committed to:
• Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce with insights and solutions for our increasingly divided society.
• Creating a workplace culture where all employees feel valued and their perspectives are heard.
• Developing policy solutions and undertaking research that reflect a diversity of thought and experience.
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. As such, the Bipartisan Policy Center is requiring all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation for medical, religious, or other reasons will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying