Submit Your Application\n
- You have errors in applying \n\n
Spring Internship 2024 - Democracy Program, Campus Free Expression
Bipartisan Policy Center
BPC’s Campus Free Expression Project is seeking an intern for the 2024 spring semester to assist with the project’s policy work. The Campus Free Expression Project convenes campus leaders with expertise in developing and implementing policies and programs that encourage the open and respectful exchange of ideas. A free exchange allows colleges and universities to fulfill their special role they play in our democracy, preparing the next generation for thoughtful citizenship and leadership, by introducing students to a wide range of issues and teaching them the values of mutual respect and principled disagreement.
The intern will work with project staff on writing and research, event planning, tracking news, and congressional activity, blogging, and communications activities. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the successful candidate’s interests and the needs of the projects.
Applicants are encouraged to review the five project areas within the Democracy Program prior to applying and interviewing for the position so they can determine which area they would be most interested in exploring.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- An interest in government and institutional reform
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Cover letter tailored to the team(s) you are applying for
- College or university transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Phone and email contact information for two professional references, including a professor or other individual familiar with your work.
- Brief response to our Diversity statement on what it means to you (5-8 sentences)
- 2-3 page writing sample
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying