Submit Your Application\n
- You have errors in applying \n\n
Spring Internship 2024 - BPC Action (Government Relations)
Bipartisan Policy Center
While reasoned and rigorous analysis is needed for sound public policy, this alone does not move the political process.
To impact the public dialogue and influence policy outcomes, BPC Action—the Bipartisan Policy Center’s partner organization for political advocacy—engages in aggressive advocacy and implements strategic education and outreach plans to bring Republicans and Democrats together, changing policy on the most polarizing issues.
The intern will assist staff as they tackle the many policy areas in their portfolios such as:
- Economic policy
- Early Childhood development
- Paid Leave
- Congressional reform
Responsibilities include research and writing, monitoring news and congressional activity, helping out BPC Action's Communications Manager with BPC Action's social media accounts, blogging, and other communications activities and administrative duties as needed. The intern will be exposed to key congressional players and participate in strategic outreach.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate school, or be a recent grad.
- Strong research and writing skills
- Independent, efficient worker with experience managing multiple, pressing deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior-level staff
- Strong interest and understanding of the legislative process
- Previous internship in a legislative office or government relations office preferred
- Collaborative and enthusiastic team player
- Cover letter tailored to the team(s) you are applying for
- College or university transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Phone and email contact information for two professional references, including a professor or other individual familiar with your work.
- Brief response to our Diversity statement on what it means to you (5-8 sentences)
- 2-3 page writing sample
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying