Digital Communications Manager
About Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund:
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund (Advance) is a national Native American-led organization working to address the vast disparity and unique barriers that exist for Indigenous peoples in U.S. politics. We provide training, resources, and strategies that support pathways for Indigenous leaders, especially for Indigenous women and two spirit people, to work toward equity, justice, and representation. We create solutions to address the need for increased Native representation and participation in elected politics and campaigns. By expanding Native representation in elected office, we actively shape a future where our government is truly reflective of all our communities.
About the role:
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund is looking for a Digital Communications Manager to join our growing team. This role is right for someone with a talent for creating well-researched and accessible content around the issues impacting Indian Country, who is skilled at deconstructing complex stories while promoting Advance’s mission and values. We’re looking for someone who has experience managing all aspects of digital communications, from strategy to implementation and performance analysis, who has an eye for pop culture trends and a strong interest in telling a compelling visual and written story. This role will craft, build, and launch a co-created digital communications strategy that inspires people to take action that supports Native leadership. The Digital Communications Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations & Special Initiatives.
To be successful in this role you should have the following experience:
- 3+ years of demonstrated bold and tactical digital communications or advocacy experience
- Experience planning, writing, designing, executing and monitoring content for social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Experience in website maintenance and managing an email program (Action Network and WordPress)
- Experience managing a multi-step, time-sensitive review and approval process across teams
- Organized, resourceful, flexible individual with strong time management skills and an ability to work independently and collaboratively on tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in, exposure to, or education related to working within Indigenous cultures
- Comfort working in highly collaborative teams, managing laterally, up, and working across departments
- Experience and comfort collaborating via Google Workspace
We hope you bring one or more of these skills:
- Event planning or digital communications training experience
- Experience working in a virtual environment and/or in a distributed team operating across multiple time zones is strongly preferred
- Experience in campaigns, advocacy, and/or elections
- Desire to identify, build, and launch creative campaigns to educate a broad audience around issues that impact Native communities and support Native leaders.
- Experience managing relationships and leveraging professional networks with allied organizations to increase reach and efficacy of recruitment and program outreach efforts
Working at Advance:
This position is salaried within a range of $60,000-75,000 and comes with a generous package of comprehensive benefits. Including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision
- Flexible spending account for medical and dependent care
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Generous paid time off package (Vacation, Sick, & Public Holidays)
- $1,500 per year for professional development training and/ or coaching
- Additional benefits including compensation towards cell phone, Internet, and other necessary equipment
This is a remote position and requires consistent phone and internet access at your home office location. The position will not require travel until it is widely safe to do so. At that time, this position may require up to 20% travel. We are not offering US visa sponsorship for this role.
Dates to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through March 31, 2022.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter here and answer the application questions to follow.
Qualified candidates will participate in a series of interviews conducted over video call. There will be three 1-hour interviews, and one 1-hour exercise over the course of six weeks.
Advance offers, upon request, accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the application, interview, and hiring process, such as extra time to complete the hiring exercise, captions in video calls, or other accommodations as requested.
If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please contact us.
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, women and femmes, LGBTQIA+ and Two Spirit individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.